Example Staging Checklist
HOME STAGING CHECKLIST
Example, Carbondale CO
Report Overview: The goal for staging 123 Example Road is to make it an inviting home that will appeal to the broadest range of prospective buyers. This can be achieved by removing personal items and staging each space for a cohesive appearance. Click on recommended product photos to be linked for online purchase.Exterior
- Replace the mailbox with a standard model to coordinate with the home's exterior. Galvanized steel, color: bronze
- Remove the metal woman sculpture, damaged planter pots, bird feeders, weather instruments, lawn ornaments, climbing ropes and silks, and extra items to make the outdoor spaces large and clear.
- Remove dead branches from trees.
- Tidy the landscaping and add fresh mulch, gravel, and plantings/flowers as necessary.
- Move the teak furniture to the lower lawn around the fire chimney to create a fun seating area.
- Paint the front door Sherwin-Williams color: Peppercorn SW7674.
- Place a large pot of flowers on the front patio as weather allows.
- On the back deck, keep the grill, the dining set and 6 chairs, and a pair of the Lowe's modern chairs in place.
- On the master bedroom deck, add a fresh door mat and leave the Lowe's chairs in place.
- On the lower level patio, remove the square concrete slab and add a fresh slab of concrete, stone pavers, or fresh mulch extending along the back of the house for a finished appearance.
- Replace the carpet throughout the home with Mohawk Crestview, Color: Warmest Beige.
- Deep clean the interior of the home to sparkle.
- Touch-up paint throughout the home where walls are scuffed and hanging items have been taken down.
- Replace low wattage light bulbs (60W or below) with brightest bulbs recommended by manufacturer. Similar fixtures within each room should have matching bulbs. Corkscrew bulbs should be removed. Light fixtures and ceiling fans should be dusted and cleaned.
- Replace/add smoke and carbon monoxide detectors if discolored and if not near all sleeping areas.
- Windows including glass, screens, and sills should be spotless allowing the maximum amount of natural light to enter the home. Unused screens can be stored to brighten rooms.
- Store all items but the bench and large piece of art above the stairs.
- Replace the chandelier. Kira Home Orbits II 15" color: bronze
- Add an area rug. (7' x 10' max)
- Replace chipped tiles at edge of steps to lower level with a wood piece to match the stair treads.
- Touch up/fill in the floor tile grout as needed for a clean, new appearance.
- Store the art except for the piece above the towel bar and hang the Mt Sopris art piece centered above the toilet.
- Clear the floor and store the toilet tools in a concealed location.
- Clear off the pedestal sink other than a single bar or bottle of soap.
- Add a light-colored hand towel on the bar.
- Store all items other than the rug, coffee and sofa back tables, floor lamp, wood rack, plants, and the long chair/bench.
- The rug can stay in place and the frayed corners can likely be covered by the furniture.
- Clear off the window sills and pull the blinds all of the way open.
- Remove the eye hooks from the beams.
- Rotate the rug and furnishings 45 degrees so they're parallel to the wood stove.
- Move the long chair/bench to below the south windows.
- Add a rental sectional or sofa and side chair. Aaron's - Rifle, CO, free delivery and set-up - Woodhaven 3 piece Sonja sectional $137.99/mo
- Place the dark leather chair from the Lower Level North Bedroom next to the sofa.
- Add soft throw pillows.
- Add a large arrangement of faux or real white orchids on the coffee table.
- Designer will assist with living room arrangement at follow-up visit.
- Store the chair cushions.
- Keep the round 4-piece artwork that's between the windows in place if difficult to store.
- Remove the clock.
- Clear off the window sills.
- Pair down the contents of the metal cabinet keeping remaining items neatly displayed.
- Lower the lights above the table.
- Store the table and chairs, the green bar stools, the area rug, and the supply caddy that's by the bar stools.
- Clear out all kitchen cabinet contents.
- Clear off the counter tops.
- Store the cookbooks and all but a couple of nice-looking pots and pans on the rack.
- Clear out the pantry.
- Consider adding cabinet pulls on all doors and drawers for a high-end appearance.
- Paint the bar counter wall to match the color of the interior of the patio door.
- Display the cake stand and a glass bowl of faux fruit on the counter top.
- Add bar height stools at the counter and a fresh area rug- Modway 5'x8' color: black/beige.
- Add the smoke detector.
- Store all of the contents other than the shelves with a couple of books or items, such as the model airplanes, neatly displayed and the small desk with the square metal stool and a lamp.
- Store all items other than the bed, side tables, rug, leather chair, a side table and the floor lamp.
- Leave the walls bare.
- Re-clip the curtains.
- Make the bed with light-colored bedding with plenty of soft decorative pillows and a white bed skirt for a luxurious look.
- In the closet, hang the mirror on the wall where it's leaning, keep the dressers in place to show the storage space, and clear out all other contents.
- Clean the shower floor tile grout to return it to white. A professional carpet/flooring cleaner can provide this service.
- Store the small mirror and the curtain and rod covering the washer/dryer.
- Repair the blue paint on the vanity where cracked.
- Keep the large white rug in front of the sink and the teak bench in the shower.
- Add white towels.
Lower Level Family Room
- Store all items but the sofa, throw pillows, the art piece by the door to the north bedroom, and the TV and TV console.
- Pair down and tidy TV console contents.
- Add the smoke detector.
- Clear out all items other than the washer and dryer.
Lower Level North Bedroom
- Store all items other than the bed, side table, table lamp, runner rug, leather chair, floor lamp, the armoire, and non-personal art.
- Move the leather chair to the living room.
Lower Level South Bedroom
- Store all items but the bed, tall shelves, side table, flowers, and the rug.
- Remove the rod and curtain from the back door.
- Move the bed to be centered on the back wall and place the side table on the side nearest the door to the bedroom.
- Move the shelves to the north wall, pair down and neatly arrange the contents.
- Make the bed in light-colored bedding.
Lower Level South Bath
- Clear out the bathroom.
- Add a white waffle shower curtain and white towels for a neutral look.
- Add a larger mirror above the vanity. (20"x30" Large Simple rectangular)
- Replace the bulb in the fixture above the tub.
- Clear off the vanity and display fresh white towels for photos and showings.
- Remove all items other than the freezer, built-in shelves, bike hooks, and the classic car.
- Clean the floor and walls.