717 Evans Court Reno
HOME RENOVATION CHECKLIST
96 River Glen Drive Staging Checklist
Report Overview: The goal for staging 96 River Glen Drive is to make it an inviting home that will appeal to prospective buyers. This can be achieved by removing decor and personal items and staging rooms throughout the home for a cohesive appearance. Click on recommended product photos to be linked for online purchase.
- Remove items as indicated.
- Designer will arrange remaining items for a staged appearance at follow-up visit.
- Deep clean the interior of the home to sparkle.
- Touch-up paint throughout the home where walls are scuffed and hanging items have been taken down.
- Replace low wattage light bulbs (60W or below) with brightest bulbs recommended by manufacturer. Similar fixtures within each room should have matching bulbs. Corkscrew bulbs should be removed. Light fixtures and ceiling fans should be dusted and cleaned.
- Replace/add smoke and carbon monoxide detectors if discolored and if not near all sleeping areas.
- Windows including glass, screens, and sills should be spotless allowing the maximum amount of natural light to enter the home. Unused screens can be stored to brighten rooms.
- Keep the landscaping tidy and add fresh mulch and plantings as needed.
- Add a large, neutral door mat at the front door for a grand appearance. Rubber-Cal 24"x57"
- If possible, add potted flowers on either side of the front door and on the back deck and patio.
- On the back deck, remove the grill and the area rug. Move the pair of chairs and ottoman and the side tables to the lower level patio. Designer will arrange patio furniture at follow-up visit.
- On the lower level patio, remove the shovels and the doormats. Designer will place furnishings that were brought down from the deck.
- Remove all items other than the rug, large red and black canvas art, the bench, the framed mirror, and the table that's below the mirror.
- Place the large vase with white flowers that's behind the front door on the table.
- In both hallways, remove all items other than the runner rugs.
- Move the pink faux flowers in the square white vase to the bathroom vanity.
- Remove all personal items and everything from the walls other than the ocean art piece and the cleared-off peg board.
- Remove the white floating wall shelves that are on the left side of the bed, the cube storage unit that the sock monkey is on top of, the owl rug, the wood and white nesting tables near the window, and the open shelf cabinet that's near the door to the hallway.
- Take down the window treatments and patch the walls.
- Clear out the closet and remove the shoe cubby to make the closet appear larger.
- Take down all of the art from the walls except for the red flower above the towel racks.
- Remove all personal items and the glass shelves by the window.
- Keep the turquoise towels and rugs in place so they can be used for staging.
- The white towels can be used to stage the master bathroom.
- Place the pink faux flowers from the bedroom on the vanity.
- Remove the framed mirror by the door and the basket of potpourri.
- Keep the tall vase with reeds and the baskets that are in the cubby holes for staging.
- Remove the cabinet contents, the rug, and the beer steins.
- Empty this space completely.
- Wash the floor and clean the windows and walls.
- Remove all items other than the sofa and pillows, the red floral that's in the vase by the fireplace, the rug, coffee table, art above the fireplace, the copper bucket that's at the bar, the floor lamp, and the pair of chairs and ottoman by the window.
- Keep the large area rug, pear art piece, TV, table, and eight chairs in place.
- Remove the red runner rug and the rug in front of the sink.
- Keep the bar stools and canister jars that are on the counter near the window in place.
- Add a light-colored dish towel on the oven door for a staged appearance.
Hallway to the Master Bedroom
- Remove the art from the walls.
- Keep the runner rug in place.
- Clear out this room completely.
Powder Room Across from Office
- Swap the art piece for one of a similar size that has a neutral subject matter such as the one from the hallway.
- Remove the monogrammed towel and add a plain hand towel in its place.
- Clear out this room completely.
- Clear out the closets.
- Remove all items other than the candle that's on the makeup vanity, the vanity bench, the fur that's on it, the rug that's below it, and the fur runner by the tub.
- Add 4+ white bath towels and 2+ white hand towels.
- Designer will arrange items at follow-up visit.
- Add a light rug between the vanities and a large faux white orchid on the makeup vanity. (Rug: nuLOOM Moroccan Grey/Off-white 5' x 7'-5")
- Clear this room out except for the large map art piece with the black frame.
- Keep a piece of exercise equipment and the TV in place.
Bathroom Connected to Exercise Room
- Remove the monogrammed towel.
- Use the brown towels and bath mat for staging.
- Swap the art piece for one that's light-colored to brighten the space.
- Remove the soaps from the shower.
- Clear this room and the walk-in closet out completely.
- Touch-up where curtain hardware was removed by the patio door.
- Remove the rubber ducky art piece and the bottles from the shower.
- Keep all towels, rugs, silver vase with reeds, and art piece in the WC in place for staging.
- Remove everything from this space other than a hand towel at the sink and the area rug.
- Any items remaining in this space should be neatly stored/stacked on the wire shelves.
- Remove personal items, clear out the closets and remove art work other than the wave picture.
- Leave the bed, wave picture, cleared off desk and desk chair in place for a staged appearance.
- Remove personal items.
- Consider repairing the chipped vanity mirror.
- Display the green towels and rug for a staged appearance.
Lower Level Entertainment Room
- Remove art from the stairway walls.
- Remove all items other than the side tables, sectional, ottoman, pillows, TV, and standing bicycle art piece.
- Rotate the sectional ninety degrees so that it faces toward the stairs for a staged appearance.