4359 County Rd 117 Staging Checklist
HOME STAGING CHECKLIST
4359 County Rd 117, Glenwood Springs CO
Report Overview: The goal for staging 4359 CR 117 is to make it an inviting home that will appeal to the broadest range of prospective buyers. This can be achieved by removing personal items, storing unused items, and staging each space for a cohesive appearance. Click on recommended product photos to be linked for online purchase.Exterior
- Tidy the patio furniture and place the table and chairs with the umbrella up as weather allows for showings.
- Remove unplanted pots from the lawn area.
- Remove the string lights by the front entrance and the wind chime.
- Add an outdoor rug in front of the front door for an inviting appearance. Nourison Aloha Blue/Multi 3'6" x 5'6" or similar.
- Keep all walkways, driveways, and decks throughout the property clear of snow and debris.
- Deep clean the interior of the home to sparkle.
- Touch-up paint throughout the home where walls are scuffed and hanging items have been taken down.
- Replace low wattage light bulbs (60W or below) with brightest bulbs recommended by manufacturer. Similar fixtures within each room should have matching bulbs. Corkscrew bulbs should be removed. Light fixtures and ceiling fans should be dusted and cleaned.
- Windows including glass, screens, and sills should be professionally cleaned and spotless allowing the maximum amount of natural light to enter the home. Unused screens can be stored to brighten rooms.
- Closets can be neatly organized with items placed on matching hangers. The floor space should be kept as clear as possible to make closets appear large.
- Remove the bench and the black floor mat.
- Pair down and neatly organize cabinet contents.
- Clear off the side and top of the refrigerator.
- Keep only essential keys on the key hooks, tuck others away.
- Store the hand print and the small sign to the right of the stove.
- Remove the personal photo from the niche and replace it with a neutral piece of decor.
- Remove the wood trash container and place the trash in a small bin below the sink or within a cabinet while the home is on the market.
- To make the kitchen appear larger, clear off the counter tops and bar counter other than the soap canister at the sink and the tea pot on the stove for showings.
- Remove the microwave if it's not essential while the home is on the market.
Entry Level Living Space
- Adding a living room space on the entry level will make the home more appealing. To accomplish this, store the hall tree, the armoire, the basket storage shelves that are next to the armoire, and the wall decor that's above it. Place the love seat, coffee table, and the area rug from the 2nd Level Family Room against the wall where the armoire was.
- Hang an oversized, light-colored piece of art work centered above the love seat and higher than normal (5" from the ceiling) to make the ceiling feel taller. Framed Canvas Panels 24" x 36" x 3 panels Natural or similar.
- Rotate the table and chairs 90 degrees and move them closer to the built-in bench.
- Place the rocking chair from the Master Bedroom between the love seat and the fireplace to create a seating area.
- Designer can help with arrangement at follow up visit.
- On the love seat, the built-in bench, and rocking chair, add light-colored pillows to brighten the space. Miulee 20x20, Beige. Home Brilliant set of 5 18x18, color: Oatmeal. Or similar.
- At the side entrance by the built-in bench, remove the hanging items in the window and on the sill. Take down the valance and curtain rod.
- To make the ceiling appear taller either remove the drapes and curtain rods or remove the drapes and move the rods up to mount 2" below the ceiling and hang floor to ceiling sheer light-colored curtains from the rods. HLC.ME White sheer panels 54 x 90 or similar.
- In the closet, remove any items not needed within the next 3 months.
- Clear off the coat rack that's by the door to the garage.
Entry Level Bathroom
- Swap the shower curtain for a white waffle weave curtain (72" x 84" white) and add a faux white orchid on the vanity for a fresh appearance.
- Clear off the counter other than the orchid for showings.
- Keep a minimal number of items in the garage to make it appear as large as possible.
- Stored items should be consolidated and neatly stacked.
Family Room - 2nd Floor
- Store the personal photos.
- Place the chair-and-a-half where the love seat was.
- Add light-colored throw pillows to brighten the seating areas.
2nd Level Bathroom
- Remove the dark rug and the items on the back of the toilet.
- Place a light-colored basket or decor on the back of the toilet.
- Swap the shower curtain for a white waffle weave curtain for a fresh appearance.
2nd Level Hall
- Remove the vanity and patch the drywall.
- Place an armoire where the vanity was.
- In the closet, neatly organize the stored linens and add a sachet for a fresh scent. Clear the floor space.
2nd Level Office
- Remove all furniture and wall decor and place the dresser from the 2nd Level Bedroom along the back wall.
- Place one of the faux plants on the dresser.
- clear out the closet.
2nd Level Bedroom
- Move the dresser to the 2nd Level Office.
- Clear off the bed side table other than the lamp.
- Store the shelf and all items from the walls other than the moose picture, the items on the window sill, the fan, and the baskets and carved bear that are on the floor.
- Move the bed side table a couple inches closer to the bed to give clear space for access to the door and to cover the white outlets.
- Add light-colored pillows (Lananas faux fur, 18x18, pearl white or similar) on the bed to brighten the space.
- If this bedroom is not being used, clear out the closets. If used, keep only items needed in the next 3 months on matching hangers and clear the floor space.
- Remove the love seat.
- Store the framed art that's above the rocking chair, the personal photos, the wicker basket by the fireplace, and the wicker chest at the foot of the bed.
- Clear off the surfaces of the dresser and side tables other than the lamps.
- Clear off the mantel other than the candle sticks.
- Store the fan for showings.
- Clear off the vanity and display white towels and a faux white orchid on the vanity for showings for a spa-look.
Master Suite Office
- Store personal photos.
- Move the double drawer file cabinet to the wall to the left when you enter the room if there's space, otherwise store it to make the room look larger.
- In the closet, clear the floor space and remove items not needed in the next 3 months.
- Remove the dog crate and the air filter that's on the desk for showings.