2641 Dolores Way Staging Checklist
HOME STAGING CHECKLIST
2641 Dolores Way, Carbondale
Report Overview: The goal for staging 2641 Dolores Way is to make it an inviting home that will appeal to the broadest range of prospective buyers. This can be achieved by removing extra and personal items and staging rooms throughout the home for a cohesive appearance. Click on recommended product photos to be linked for online purchase.
- Deep clean the home to sparkle.
- Replace low wattage light bulbs (60W or below) with brightest bulbs recommended by manufacturer. Similar fixtures within each room should have matching bulbs. Corkscrew bulbs should be removed. Light fixtures and ceiling fans should be dusted and cleaned.
- Windows including glass, screens, and sills should be spotless allowing the maximum amount of natural light to enter the home. Unused screens can be stored to brighten rooms.
- Fill nail holes and touch up paint where hanging items have been taken down and where walls are scuffed.
- Closets can be organized by removing items that won't be used in the next 2 months, arranging hanging clothing by color on matching hangers, neatly organizing shelf contents and placing items within baskets, and clearing the floor space as much as possible.
- Store away personal photos, religious artifacts, personal memorabilia such as diplomas or awards, monogrammed items or name signs, and any items of political content.
- Keep the front entry swept and tidy and the glass in the front door clear of smudges or prints.
- Add a fresh, neutral door mat (as large as will fit) at the front door for a grand appearance. Rubber-Cal 18" x 30"
Entry and Hall
- Store the hanging on the inside of the front door knob and the small orange rug.
- In the coat closet, remove all items other than the shoe and coat racks, keeping only a few pairs of shoes on the shoe rack and a few coats hanging on matching hangers (preferably wood) for a spacious high-end look.
- Clear the floor space in the hall leading to the kitchen, other than the framed mirror, so that buyers have a clear path and view out to the large southern windows when entering the home and clear access to the stairs.
- Remove any items stored here and fill the basket in the corner with rolled towels to soften the space.
- Clear the table by the sink other than neat looking bottle(s) of soap or lotion and keep a coordinating hand towel on the towel ring.
- Tuck away the scale, toilet brush, and rug that's around the toilet for photos and showings.
- Clear off the mantel.
- Store the kids table and chairs and extra toys or move them down to the bedroom for photos and showings.
- Pair down the items stored on the bookshelves to avoid distracting from the beautiful view as the focal point of the space.
- Remove all items other than the table, two chairs, and potted plants.
- Add an outdoor rug below the table, as large as will fit under the table and parallel to the south facade. (grey/white 5 x 8).
- Clear off the dining table other than fresh flowers.
- Remove the stacked games that are on the floor next to the large drawer cabinet.
- Clear off the top of the drawer cabinet and tuck away the keyboard and any remotes for photos and showings.
- Relocate the trash to a concealed location.
- Store the butcher block table.
- Clear off the bar and counter tops other than a bowl of fresh produce and items that are used on a daily basis. Since the kitchen is compact, it is important to have clear surfaces so that it will appear to have abundant cabinet space.
- Tidy the cabinets and purge any foods or contents that won't be used in the next 2 months.
- Remove the box and any other stored items from below the bar top and place the pair of stools tucked in at the counter.
- Remove dish towels and clear the front and sides of the refrigerator.
Lower Level Family Room
- Keep the seating area clear of all items other than light-colored decorative pillows.
- Clear off the tops of the TV cabinet and coffee table other than a couple decorative pieces.
- Remove any items that are on the floor and stored in the corners of the room to make the space appear large and uncluttered.
- In the laundry space, clear off surfaces and remove anything that's not needed on a regular basis.
- Add a knob on the louvered door.
- Store the area rugs, the white table and the items on it, the wall hanging near the door to the bathroom, and any items that are on the floor.
- Move the art piece that's between the closet doors to hang centered over the headboard to create one focal point in the room.
- Make the bed in light-colored bedding with plush pillows propped against the headboard for a hotel suite appearance.
- Clear off the tops of the side tables for photos and showings.
- In the closets, clear the floor space as much as possible, pair down to keep only clothing and footwear that will be used in the next 2 months, and arrange remaining items on matching hangers or neatly placed on shelves.
- Store all items other than the two chairs. Use them to create a cozy seating area in one of the southern corners. An outdoor rug can be added here too to make the space appear inviting.
- Consider adding potted flowers for photos and showings.
- For showings display white towels, clear off the vanity and the tub deck, and tuck away any toilet tools and the rugs.
- In the closet, remove all items that aren't kids clothing or toys. Keep the floor space clear, items neatly hung from matching hangers, and shelf space organized.
- If the bed is a futon or can be made smaller, it would help the room feel larger. If not, consider storing the existing bed and placing a twin size bed in the room while the home is on the market.
- Clear the floor space other than one or two neatly organized toy baskets.
- Tidy the cube storage shelf and the tables.
- Pair down the contents of the book shelf.
- Clear off the window sill.
- Store the black chair.
- For showings display fresh, coordinating towels, clear off the vanity, tidy the shower, and tuck away any toilet tools and the rugs.