230 Meadow Wood Road Staging Checklist
HOME STAGING CHECKLIST
230 Meadow Road
Report Overview: The goal for staging 230 Meadow Road is to make it an inviting home that will appeal to the broadest range of prospective buyers. This can be achieved by depersonalizing and simplifying each space to lighten the appearance of the home. Click on recommended product photos to be linked for online purchase.Exterior
- Weed and add fresh red mulch in the beds around the property.
- Remove the hanging items by the front door.
- Move the firewood to the back of the house.
- Add a pair of seasonal potted flowers, either hanging or on the ground in front of the posts by the entry.
- Potted, seasonal flowers can also be added on the back patio.
- Add a front door mat that's oversized and neutral to make the front entrance appear grand. (24"x57")
- Re-seal the stained concrete surfaces.
- Add an American flag on the mount near the garage door.
- Keep the driveway, walkway, steps, and back patio clear of debris.
- Clear any sign of pets from the yard.
- On the back patio, arrange the dining set with an umbrella and push in the bar chairs for a staged appearance.
- Tuck away the lawn trailer and store the lounge chair.
- Deep clean the interior of the home to sparkle.
- Touch-up paint throughout the home where walls are scuffed and/or hanging items have been taken down.
- Replace low wattage light bulbs (60W or below) with brightest bulbs recommended by manufacturer. Similar fixtures within each room should have matching bulbs. Corkscrew bulbs should be removed. Light fixtures and ceiling fans should be dusted and cleaned.
- Windows including glass, screens, and sills should be spotless allowing the maximum amount of natural light to enter the home. Unused screens can be stored to brighten rooms.
- Open curtains, blinds, and shades and switch on all lamps and overhead lighting for photos and showings.
- Tuck away pet crates, beds, food, and items for photos and showings.
- Store the personal photo that's at the base of the stairs and clear off the bench by the door.
- Tidy the coat closet by clearing the floor space and keeping only seasonal clothing on matching wood hangers.
- Store the throw blankets and pillows, the masks on the wall and the small wooden chair.
- Consider storing or relocating the large black speakers if not used regularly while the home is on the market to better showcase the beautiful fireplace.
- Store pet items and kids toys for photos and showings.
- Add 4 - 6 light-colored decorative throw pillows (18"x18", ivory) to the seating area to lighten the dark furnishings.
- Designer will assist with placement of sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman at follow-up visit to create a furniture arrangement to open up the room.
- Store the wall shelf and the items on it that is next to the refrigerator.
- Clear off the dining table except for a bouquet of fresh flowers for photos and showings. Designer will provide at follow-up visit.
- Consider moving the china hutch to the upper level family room to make the dining room appear larger. If keeping in place, display the china and clear off the top of the hutch for photos and showings.
- Store pet bowls and the rug by the patio door for photos and showings.
- Add the bar chairs to the island for photos and showings.
- Clear off the front and sides of the refrigerator.
- Pair down and neatly organize cabinet and pantry contents.
- Store the knives and keep the counters cleared off as much as possible for photos and showings.
- Clear items from the coat hooks by the door to the garage that aren't used regularly.
- Tidy the mail sorter.
- Remove hangers from the hook.
- Place items within cabinets and clear off the shelf below the window except for the Colorado map.
- Clear off the counter and the top of the laundry bins, place the vacuum in the garage or within a closet, and tuck away pet items for photos and showings.
- Clear the floor space around the steps into the house.
- Clean the walls, doors, and floors.
- Tidy the work bench.
- Remove vehicles and large items and clear the floor space as much as possible for photos and showings.
- Clear off the vanity except for the bears in the boat.
- Tuck away the kids stool and toilet cleaner/plunger for photos and showings.
- Add a light-colored faux potted plant on the vanity to brighten the space.
- Store the table lamps that are on the bedside tables.
- Store personal photos and items.
- Tidy the tops of the dresser and bedside tables, keeping just a couple of decorative items in place.
- Add a skirt or fitted sheet to cover the box spring.
- Make the bed with the light-colored duvet and add large pillows with coordinating shams placed against the headboard.
- Open the sheers, tilt the blinds open, and switch on the sconces beside the headboard for photos and showings.
- In the closet, remove all items other than clothing and shoes. Keep only seasonal clothing hung on matching hangers and in bins organized by color for a tidy appearance. Clear the floor space to make them appear large.
- Clean the shower door to remove the hard water spots from the glass.
- Store the rug, scale, and trash can out of sight, tuck away personal items, robes and product bottles for photos and showings.
- Add fresh white towels, a faux white orchid on the vanity, and an area rug to brighten the space (4'x6' grey/off-white)
Landing at top of Stairs
- Remove the desk and chair and place kids toys where the desk was, keeping the floor space near the doors to the bathroom and bedrooms clear.
- Keep the closets along the hallway to the family room tidy.
- Display light-colored towels, clear off the vanity other than hand soap, and tuck away the trash can, toiletries, toilet tools, steps, and rugs for photos and showings.
- Neatly arrange toys and books.
- Tidy beds and clothes.
- Tidy closets, keeping only kids items within them that will be used in the next 3 months.
- Clear the floor space of the rooms and closets as much as possible to make them appear large.
- Clear the floor space as much as possible.
- Keep the kid toys and play area tidy.
- Store personal photos.
- The tree art series could be moved to hang in place of the wedding photos for neutral art that's visible when entering the space.
- Clear off the bar top and store the popcorn maker.
- Organize the contents of the bar cabinetry.
- Leave the doors open for photos and showings.
- Store the extra mattress and the tables that are on either side of the bed.
- Move the bed closer to the window to make the room look larger.
- Clear off the top of the dresser.
- Move the horse art piece to hang centered above the headboard for a focal point.
- Place a light colored comforter or duvet and light colored pillows on the bed.
- Clear out the closet completely.
- Repair the shower curtain rod so that it is not sagging down, but bowed out into the room.
- Place light-colored rolled wash clothes or hand towels in the rack above the toilet.
- Store the duck sponge.
- Tuck away the toilet cleaner and tools and add light colored towels on the hooks and ring for photos and showings.