22051 Two Rivers Road Staging Checklist
HOME STAGING CHECKLIST
22051 Two Rivers Road Staging Checklist
Report Overview: The goal for staging 22051 Two Rivers Road is to make it an inviting home that will appeal to prospective buyers. This can be achieved by removing decor and personal items and staging rooms throughout the home for a cohesive appearance. Click on recommended product photos to be linked for online purchase.
- Remove items as indicated.
- Designer will arrange remaining items for a staged appearance at follow-up visit.
- Deep clean the interior of the home to sparkle.
- Paint throughout the home as indicated for an overall neutral scheme and touch-up paint where walls are scuffed and hanging items have been taken down.
- Replace low wattage light bulbs (60W or below) with brightest bulbs recommended by manufacturer. Similar fixtures within each room should have matching bulbs. Corkscrew bulbs should be removed. Light fixtures and ceiling fans should be dusted and cleaned.
- Replace/add smoke and carbon monoxide detectors if discolored and if not near all sleeping areas.
- Windows including glass, screens, and sills should be spotless allowing the maximum amount of natural light to enter the home. Unused screens can be stored to brighten rooms.
- Keep the landscaping tidy, remove all yard ornaments and decoration, and add fresh black mulch as needed.
- At the steps to the front door, remove the sculpture and the flag. Keep the rectangular planter in place and fill with mums or a seasonal planting if possible.
- Store the decorative pieces and pinecones and add a large, neutral door mat at the front door for a grand appearance. (18" x 30")
- On the deck, remove all items other than the dining set, the hot tub, grill, and a fountain.
- Remove all items from carport and tuck away trash bins.
- In the back yard, place the bench on the flat sitting area above the marble table. Cover exposed dirt areas with pavers or mulch.
- Keep grass area trimmed and leaves removed.
- Below the deck, remove the swing and hooks. Add mulch.
- Repair the door to the gear storage room.
- Remove all items including the wall mirror to make the space look large.
Breakfast Dining Area
- Remove all items from the walls and floor.
- Add the glass top table and 6 chairs.
- Consider replacing the fan light with a chandelier.
- Remove the red blind from the window.
- Level the tops of the cabinets above the ovens and refrigerator. Consider adding a piece of crown molding to match the cabinet finish along the upper cabinets for a high-end look.
- Hang a few wine glasses in the slots above the dishwasher.
- Place a fresh, light-colored kitchen towel on the oven door and the silver leaf bowl on the island filled with apples for photos and showings.
- Remove all items other than the two pieces of the sofa and the light colored pillows that are on them, the dining table and chairs, the side table that's in front of the window, the stump coffee table, the TV, and the metal and glass table with the shelf that's near the entry.
- Paint the blue fireplace wall gray to match the other walls in the room.
- Paint the white beam dark to match the others.
- If possible, remove the bar, wine cooler, and shelves above it to open up the space.
- Hang one, large, neutral piece of art in a light-colored frame above the fireplace to create a focal point.
- Move the dining table closer to the front windows.
- Position the sofa in an L-shape in front of the TV leaving a walking space between the back of it and the stairs.
- Move the metal and glass table to below the TV.
- Add light-colored pillows to the sofa to visually lighten the space. Recommend: 2-4 of the Lananas 20"x20" in pearl white, 1-2 of the Rivet 18"x18" in black and white, and 1 of the rectangular striped pillows.
- Clear out this room completely.
- Paint the walls gray and the ceiling white to match the colors used in the living room. The bookshelves can remain black, but the walls behind them could be gray to match the other walls in the room.
- Fill nail holes, caulk, and paint the trim on the door to the room.
- Place a vase with reeds or branches on the built-in shelf where the TV was for a staged appearance for photos and showings.
- Clear out the closet.
- Remove all items from the bath and toilet rooms.
- Leave the glass apothecary jar that's currently on the tub deck in place and fill with white soaps or decorative items for staging display.
- Update the faucets at the vanity, tub, and in the shower.
- Cap off the phone jack and conceal with a white blank switch plate.
- Add a white shower curtain, white bath towels and white hand towels.
- Add a white rug (3'x5' or as large as will fit) and a large faux white orchid on the makeup vanity.
Hall to the Office
- Clear off the walls and touch-up paint.
- Leave a couple of decorative items or baskets on the shelves above the toilet.
- Keep soap and a hand towel at the sink.
- Add a neutral colored, large vertical art piece or painted canvas on the back wall to make the room appear larger.
- Add a small, light-colored rug (2' x 3') to soften the space if the door swing will allow.
- Clear out all items except for a basket and decorative items on the two shelves.
- Remove the hanging branch and hooks.
- Clean or replace the sink basin.
- Paint the walls the gray neutral color used in the other rooms in the home.
- Empty this space except for the TV, the world map, area rug, a desk, and a desk chair.
- Place the rug and desk in the center of the room facing the TV.
- Remove the curtains, curtain rods and hardware.
- Paint the lower half of the walls, the black chair rail, and the backs of the built-in shelves the color used on the upper half of the walls.
- Hang the world map centered on the wall that borders the kitchen.
- Keep the shelves cleared off except for the TV.
- Clear these rooms out completely.
- Remove curtain rods and hardware and touch-up paint as needed.
- Remove the shower rod and curtain.
- Paint the bright blue wall gray to match the other walls.
- Place decorative items on the shelves.
- Add white or light-colored towels and a rug (as large as will fit) to soften the space and make it appear larger.
Downstairs Den & Closet
- Clear these rooms completely.
- Repair the can light that's not attached to the ceiling.
- Clear items other than the tool organizers and tools if desired.
Gear Storage Room
- Clear items other than hooks and racks.
- Repair the door.