Give your Christmas tree and family gathering area that classic department store look with these easy designer decorating tips.
Here are 9 simple tricks HGTV used to dress up an Atlanta home with a glam and sophisticated holiday look and how you can do the same in your home with a color palette of your choosing.
1. Add glitz and glam with metallic branches. Intersperse them with ornaments on tree branches or use them as a contemporary alternative to garland in any part of your home.
2. Bundle pinecones for texture. Dipped in white paint this homemade pinecone cluster adds a nice contrast while the rough texture brings an organic feel. **Bonus - this decoration is free and can be found right outside your door!
3. Mix metallics to create sparkle. Whether you're using the same color or mixing gold, silver and bronze, try combing metallic ornaments with different sheens including matte and high-gloss reflective for a sophisticated look.
4. Use natural ornaments for balance. Adding ornaments made of natural papers will add casualness and counterbalance more formal glass or metallic ornaments.
5. Illuminate with lights. If your tree is not pre-lit, give it a warm glow and show off ornaments by tucking twinkle lights around the trunk and then using them to outline the outer edges of the tree's branches.
6. Add oversized ornaments. These homemade black, white and red poinsettias made from solid-colored felt and patterned cotton fabric are the first thing guests notice. Consider adding two or three oversized bows or embellishments to pull together your color scheme and ad impact to your Christmas tree and room design.
7. Find the perfect topper. Although some interior designers skip the topper, a Christmas tree without a topper looks naked to me! Try a topper made from organic elements like wood, twine, or metal for natural appeal.
8. Use a one-of-a-kind tree skirt. Easily make your own skirt to fit your theme by purchasing coordinating fabric. Drape the fabric around the tree for a no-sew option. This bold, graphic skirt will still have impact as gifts are stacked around the tree.
9. Finish gifts with simple embellishments. Purchase gift wrap that coordinates with your theme and add natural appeal to break up straight-lined boxes with pinecones and twine.
For more Holiday decorating inspiration and to Shop for your home, visit my Holiday Favorites shopping site here.